Now that we have a membership to the Wilmington Children’s Museum, thanks again Gramma Blevins, we are able to sign up and participate in their weekly classes. They have something going on every day… art, science, cooking, reading… for all different ages.
Today was our first official class that we’ve signed up for, ice painting, and the girls LOVED it. The museum staff had prepared all sorts of fun ice… watercolor, glitter glue, tempera paint… all frozen in cubes. They only had the primary colors so the kids were able to experiment with mixing colors and different painting utensils. Don’t you know it was my kid that said “popsicle” and started licking the paint cubes. Yup, thanks Audrey!
The classes don’t take long, so today we also explored the rest of the art room; painting pictures, drawing with chalk, and designing paper houses.
Madeline and I also had fun tower building with these fun things. (No idea what they are called but you can tell how much Audrey liked this activity.)
We only stayed a little over an hour but I think that is what I am going to keep our time to each week. The drive to the museum from our house is 10 minutes, I FINALLY found a street with free parking for an hour downtown near the museum, and by spending a shorter amount of time each week I’m certain they won’t get bored with the activities because they won’t be doing the same ones each visit.
Next week, we have signed up for a cooking class and Madeline already decided we will be exploring the veterinarian and dentist office areas next week! Works for me!
Not sure who is going to enjoy this museum membership more… me or the girls!!




No comments:
Post a Comment