Pages

Thursday, August 23

Legos

Madeline got her first set of Legos from the Raynor crew for her birthday! If you haven’t seen the cool “girl Legos” they have out now, you should totally check out the Lego aisle next time you are out shopping. They are quite amazing!!She was so excited about her gift but then quite disappointed that I made her wait until we got back to our house to open it and begin assembly! (Sorry, Madeline. 400+ pieces with 4 kids around. I didn’t think we stood a chance!!)

This morning I got Audrey busy playing with her dollhouse in the playroom and set Madeline up with her Legos on the kitchen table. The age on these Legos are 6-12 years, but I figured we could do it in a few different sittings and she would do well with it.

Well, she blew me away!! I opened the book and she quickly started picking out pieces and assembling. Don’t get me wrong, she by no means could do it by herself, but with me pointing at the pictures and asking her questions as she was working, she was well on her way to building a masterpiece.

DSC_1414

Some of these pieces, you’d need fingers as small as hers to fit together. I’m amazed at who comes up with all these designs… and the poor people that have to pack all the materials!! CRAZY!

DSC_1417

She worked for a solid hour and finished the whole thing. Every time I asked her if she wanted to take a break, she’d say “No mom… we are getting so close!” She was quite proud of herself as you can tell!

DSC_1418

Captain Crazy made her appearance halfway through building, and Madeline was nice enough to let her play with the outdoor portion she had already finished. Of course we had to rebuild parts of it, but Audrey got bored pretty quickly and went and dragged out her Mega blocks to build monsters instead. We did have to pretend to be scared every time she ran in the kitchen with a new “monster” growling, but overall that child is so good at entertaining herself!!

So here is the completed café!

DSC_1422

Tonight we ran to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and we went to check out the other Lego sets because she mentioned she would like to buy another set with the birthday money she got. She found a few in her price range, but really liked two sets that were above the amount she has by $5 and $10.

I told her that I would give her the $5 if she would help me clean out her old toys and donate some to Goodwill and then we would think of another way she could save up $5 more. With the most serious face, she turned around and said, “Can’t I just call Oma?” I just shook my head.

I was never much into Legos as a kid, but it appears I’m going to be as an adult. I must say that with all the cool girl sets now, they are much more appealing.

Stay tuned for the continuation of the Lego saga and how she earns her money to buy her next set, I’m sure there will be a story to tell!

No comments:

Total Pageviews