Pages

Saturday, August 18

Happy 4th Birthday Madeline!

Which way to the party?!

DSC_1544

When I asked Madeline a few weeks ago what she wanted to do for her birthday, she said she wanted to go spend it with her cousins. Easy enough for me, so we started making plans. We came up to Raleigh on Friday and have had A TON of fun, of which I will post all about later.

But today was her BIG DAY!!

Madeline’s favorite meal of the day is breakfast, so we ended up having a brunch party for her birthday. Aunt Rachel found her a perfect shirt for the occasion. Next to noodles… bacon is her favorite food!

DSC_1546

It was just a small family and friends gathering. Don’t they all look like a cheery bunch for breakfast?!

DSC_1398

Even though it was brunch, we still saved room for birthday cake!! This year she wanted butterflies… not one, but MANY butterflies… and in all colors. (She’s getting a little demanding about her cake specifications as she gets older.) 

I must say, I had a lot of fun creating this masterpiece and it turned out so sweet! AND she loved it. (The center was a small cake for her with 4 butterflies and a big M, surrounded by individual cupcakes for everyone else.)

IMG_2760

DSC_0049She got a bunch of fun new things from her birthday guests, but her reactions to opening the presents were my favorite! She must have said, “this is exactly what I wanted” about five different times. 

After the party crowd cleared and we had naps, Aunt Rachel pulled out another surprise for Madeline. A piñata! She had asked for one late this week but I couldn’t find a cute one worth buying. Well of course Aunt Rachel found one at Target and filled it with some Madeline type fun. She doesn’t like chocolate so instead Aunt Rachel filled it with mints, hot wheels cars, bouncy balls, starbursts and my personal favorite … string cheese!! The kids took turns swinging bats and had the best time breaking the piñata even though it required some help from Uncle Brian.

DSC_1507

DSC_1523DSC_1525

The kids spent most of the evening playing with new toys and just having fun together. It was a busy day but definitely filled with Madeline’s favorite things. When I asked Madeline at bedtime what her favorite part of her day was today, she smiled real big and said… “all of it.”

DSC_0078

I told her today that she was getting SO BIG and she wouldn’t be my “baby” much longer—to that she replied—“Don’t worry Mom, I’ll always be your baby!” Tears?! I think so.

How has time passed so quickly?! Her arrival four years ago brought on all new meaning to our lives and I enjoy every second that I get to be her mother. She has such a kind heart and a loving spirit and I can’t wait to watch her grow into a beautiful young lady. We love you Madeline and had a great day celebrating the gift of YOU!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Madeline! The cake/cupcakes were adorable!!!

Total Pageviews