One of the guys Mark knows from back in Gaston County, was down our way this weekend, doing a program on snakes at one of the state parks.
It had finally stopped raining so we decided to check out the new to us park, and spend some time outside.
Aunt Rachel and Oma would have LOVED this presentation, as he brought some of his snake friends along with him.
We learned all about the common misconceptions of venomous snakes, what to do if you come across one, and overall some basic snake knowledge.
THEN we got to see these guys up close and personal. Audrey wanted so bad for them to crawl all over her, but this guy only slithered across her arm once or twice. You should have heard her giggle.
The guy mentioned that he sometimes does birthday parties for kids, and that’s all we heard about for at least 5 minutes out of Audrey. “Snake Birthday Party. Me. Too!”
Then there was Madeline, not quite as brave, but still touching Mr. Snake plenty.
Where we live now has the most variety of snakes in NC and while these guys didn’t bother me a bit, I can guarantee I would be as calm if I walked up on one in the woods.
Oh, the fun of nature and some excitement on a Saturday morning! Here’s hoping I don’t have to have a snake party next year! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment