Pages

Friday, August 24

Perler Beads

For those of you who are clueless about what Perler beads are, don’t feel bad, I actually had to look up the name of the beads too. I had no idea what they were called but I sure loved them as a kid and was pretty sure Madeline would too.

I remember them as those tiny plastic beads you make shapes/patterns with and then iron them so they stick together. We did them in VBS when I was a kid!

I got a HUGE  container of them (and the patterns) from IKEA last time we were there knowing it would be a great birthday present. If it’s a “craft” it is 100% certain that Madeline will love it. And of course she did.

DSC_1424

Getting the beads on the pegs just like you want them is nearly impossible, especially if you are being helped by a certain 2 year old that can’t stand to be left out. I completed my random color “masterpiece” quickly so that I could iron it and show Madeline what it would look like when she was done. She thought it was pretty cool but by the look on her face I could tell that she didn’t approve of my random color pattern.

So she sat there for about 3o minutes lining her TINY beads up in perfect order, and made a beautiful rainbow heart. She has the patience of her daddy, that is for sure!! If she’d knock some over, she’d just take them off and start over.

DSC_1427

By the time we were done, I had officially banned Audrey from these beads until her 21st birthday or whenever she moves out of my house—THAT was a mess I didn’t enjoy cleaning up at all. And oh did she think it was funny. I know I say it all the time, but how in the world can 2 children, with the same parents, be SO different?!?

Another fun rainy day of crafting at our house! I’m praying for some sun soon because although we’ve had plenty of new things to play with at home this week, I am about to go stir crazy being stuck in the house. I want to go the beach for goodness sake!! :)

No comments:

Total Pageviews