Pages

Monday, March 14

Weekend Getaway

Mark and I registered for a Weekend to Remember marriage conference about 2 years ago. Something came up EVERY time it was in the Charlotte area and we have rescheduled it 4 times. HOWEVER, we finally were able to go this weekend!

I wasn’t all that thrilled about leaving the girls for a whole weekend, especially since I am still breastfeeding Audrey. But I did and it was well worth it. For the record this was the first kid free weekend I’ve had since Madeline was born, I almost didn’t know what to do with myself. In addition, I now have a love/hate relationship with my breast pump… kudos to all you working moms out there that continue to breastfeed when heading back to work… it is a CHORE!!

My parents (thank you, thank you) graciously kept Madeline and Audrey for us and the girls did great and had lots of fun. I got several phone picture updates on Sunday… eating ChickFilA for lunch, riding the carousel, touring the Hickory home and garden show… and I do think that Oma and Opa had as much fun as the girls—although they looked a little worn out on Sunday afternoon.

Here are a few cute pics from the weekend:

Audrey finally has enough balance to ride on her little car. YAY Audrey.

IMG_2656

Here they are playing in the hallway with all Rachel and I’s childhood toys in their jammies.

IMG_2667

Madeline showing off her new hair cut and painted nails while trying to guard her food from the monster dog!

IMG_2674

“What do you mean I can’t drink her juice… watch me!!”

IMG_2688

And Opa reading more books to Madeline. She has turned into quite a little reader and will sit for hours. Here she is trying not to fall asleep before her naptime.

IMG_2689

And finally here is a short video of Audrey, my little giggle box, I love her laugh!

It was indeed a great weekend away from everything for me to focus on just being a wife, because that is my priority over my kids, and everything else worldly, for that matter! I so encourage anyone who is married to plug in to one of these conferences-- no matter the state of your marriage-- good, bad, or ugly. I know it was great for Mark and I to reconnect on a lot of things and we look forward to doing this every 3 or so years. It is an investment we are indeed willing to make into our future and the future of our two little girls!

So blog world... I'm back... refocused and busy as ever... but I enjoyed the vacation! Thank you!

No comments:

Total Pageviews