Pages

Wednesday, March 9

Chuck E. Cheese’s

I am the queen of free stuff, so I guess it was probably me that signed Madeline up for the Kid's Club at Chuck E. Cheese. A few weeks ago she got a coupon in my email for 20 free tokens for her half birthday. I had forgotten about it but Mark found the coupon yesterday and it expired today, so guess when we went?!? That’s right… today.

DSC_0789

Mark met us there for his lunch hour and he and Madeline had a blast playing all sorts of games. (Audrey just enjoyed the lights and sounds and trying to eat Madeline’s tickets!) There were about 6 other people there, so Madeline got to try out everything—since this is all very new to her, she doesn’t know that putting a token in makes the games more fun, most of the time sitting on them was excitement enough. (How much longer before she figures that out?!?)

DSC_0761

DSC_0766

I was surprised that none of the “rides” freaked her out, but she kept telling me…. “It’s like the carousel I ride with Oma. This is fun!”

DSC_0770

One of the employees was walking around playing games, probably because he was bored out of his mind, and was leaving all the tickets he won in the machines. Madeline thought this was great and really racked up on the tickets to get a prize. Picking a prize was the hard part!!

DSC_0787

She sat down at one of the booths near the food counter after she picked out her prize and asked what we were eating for lunch. I told her they have pizza and she immediately climbed out of the booth and said lets go home and have noodles!

A good hour of play and the cost to me: ABSOLUTELY FREE!! The prices really are ridiculous, so this will indeed be a “special occasion” only place for us. Hopefully they’ll send her something free for her birthday in August and she can go back then. But at any rate, she had a BLAST today!

No comments:

Total Pageviews