Pages

Monday, November 14

Sunsets

God knew how much I hated the thought of living at the beach and I have no doubt He chose the exact beach location for me with this in mind.

In case you didn't know, the beaches of Oak Island face south. That means you not only get to see sunrises like all the other beaches of the east coast, but you get to see sunsets too!

I love sunsets... and in the time we've been here I've seen a lot of them from beautiful locations. Madeline loves them almost as much as I do. I like the deep fiery orange and red sunsets... she likes when the sky turns to "cotton candy"... lots of pink and purples.

Today was a beautiful day at the beach, highs near 80. At about 4pm, we took a trip out on the beach and enjoyed another gorgeous sunset.

As always the girls enjoyed getting covered in sand from head to toe but today I was covered too as I laid in the sand getting cute pictures of them.




Madeline was sure to tell me tonight that God made this sunset for me... it was my colors. Then she asked if it made me warm inside. I asked her what she meant, and she said... "You know... how you feel when you are happy." WOW! I'm always amazed at the words that come out of her mouth, she is wise beyond her years.

I have no doubt that God sent that sunset (and so many others) to REMIND me of His faithfulness in our situation. I am thankful that He is faithful just as the sun rises and sets each day. It's a lesson I've been learning these past few months, that He has control over all that is going on in our lives, even though I feel we are aimlessly wandering... He has a plan... His plan. And I find joy in that each day as the sunsets continue to warm my heart.

No comments:

Total Pageviews