We had been home from church maybe a half hour and Madeline walked out the french doors onto the deck to join us for lunch, tripped, and fell face first into one of our metal patio chairs.
Of course she cried but on first glance I saw nothing wrong with her, so I held her on my lap and let her cry on my shoulder. Then I noticed blood on my shirt. A quick check of the mouth, always my biggest fear, and then I saw blood all over her eye.
***Oh how I wish my sister could have been here. The thought of an eye injury of any kind sends her over the edge… so Rachel, this blog post is really for you. ENJOY!!***
After seeing it was a nice clean cut and making sure it didn’t actually go all the way through her eyelid, Mark and I voted that the most they would do at the doctor was glue the cut shut. After telling Mark he COULD NOT super glue our daughters eyelid… we did some checks with her on her vision with the other eye covered and we went to get it cleaned up.
The cleaning it with alcohol didn’t go so well, but the Neosporin seemed to make it stop burning, so she was much happier. And to assure all was well she got a candy heart, her favorite since Valentine’s Day, and she was good to go. (Good thing I bought a ton of those on 75% off at Target last week!!)
Here’s the injury after it occurred…
And here she is tonight before bedtime….
Definitely a nice bruise setting! I have a feeling we are in for a rough accident prone childhood with this one— her middle name really should have been Grace. (And for the record, she is just like her mother!)




1 comment:
Oh my! That poor sweet baby's eye looks pitful. Eye stuff just scares me.
Post a Comment